Friday, March 9, 2007

We gotta washer!!

After a LONG adventure to Lotus (Thailand Wal-Mart type store) last night with Pam, we woke up bright and early this morning to hit a yard sale!!! Y'all know I was beside myself to find out that not only can I wear tee shirts, capris and flops all the time, but I can go to yard sales too!! This is too good to be true!! Anyways...we bought a washer! We realized that we have clothes that are slowly but surely going to need washing and we had no way to do that. So...we se the washer, we like it, we pay for it....now how do we get it all the way across town to our place?! We wave down a songtau (little red truck) and Pam spoke to him and explained what we needed. He agreed to do it and so off we went to pick it up. Our driver was very nice! We got to the sale and he decided that he'd like to come in and look around too. We loaded the washer in the back of the truck with me (court sat up front) and we thought we were on our way back to our place. Instead, we took a little pit stop. The driver took us to his house to pick up his wife and daughter. We waited on them for a few minutes while his dog barked at us. So, they got in the truck with me and the washer and we headed across town. We finally made it to our place and his wife helped me get the washer out of the truck. Then, he helped me get it under our carport. They told us goodbye and were so sweet and went on their way. Court and I then hauled it inside. So, now we have a washer! I had to laugh at myself as I sat in the back of a little red truck with the driver's wife and daughter who had an ear ache and I hung onto the washer with both hands so that it wouldn't shift around too much! Go ahead and laugh, I couldn't have made this up myself!



Well, we finally got photos of our apartment up and ready to roll on shutterfly! Click here for a visual description of our new life in Chiang Mai!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud reading this! Wish I could have been a mosquito on the wall or in the truck! What a great story.

Anonymous said...

Hey wendy lou!
See Courtney's comments. I have enjoyed so much looking at every photo. What a blessing. It has made my morning! Now I can picture ya'll doing your thing. Girl, you may never come back to the states...you are right in your element! So awesome! WOW! Go girl! I love you so much, wish I could join you for some Som Tam! Love, Mamma Sandy

Anonymous said...

What a great story. We enjoyed the pictures. Hope all continues to go well. Mommom and Poppop are all hooked up with skype and blogs are set as favorites. They look forward to your reports.

Ken, Jr.
Abilene

Mattigan said...

Man...and your filming this right!? Please tell me this will make it to YouTube soon!

Classic!

We have got it pretty cushy here in the states eh?

Keep em coming!

Mattigan out!

 
Site Meter