Friday, March 16, 2007

Cold sweet tea running down my throat

Alright, be prepared to drool...here's my lunch...fried okra, twice baked tater, and sweet tea (unlimited refills!!) and lots of ice! Be sure to stop in and let the folks at Sojo's restaurant take care of ya if you're ever in Chiang Mai!




Finally! Something to put ketchup on!!!

Then, for dessert on the walk home, we stopped at a stand for some golden, super sweet pineapple! It's comes in a little plastic bag with a bamboo skewer used to close it up, Then, you stab the fruit with the stick so that you don't have to eat with your dirty hands and you don't get sticky. I love this place!


It's still super hot outside and we're waiting on our maintenance man to come and put up a clothes line on the roof next to the washing machine. We'll need the line to hang our clothes on. There's no drying machines in our price range and most peeps here don't use them. This is all after a full morning of work meetings and general "make it happen" type tasks. Tonight, we're meeting with a Thai language teacher and will start lessons early next week. Yay! K...y'all have a good one! Things here are going smooth!

Click here for this week's visual story of life in Chiang Mai!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cook must be from South Thailand! That looks better than any thing I had in Timbuktu! Except the chocolate cake. Alethia

Anonymous said...

That looks like fried collards to me. You from the South, as in South Thialand? Have you had any taters yet?

Anonymous said...

That looks like fried collards to me. You from the South, as in South Thialand? Have you had any taters yet?

Anonymous said...

That's quite the contrast of a picture of that sweet fragrant pineapple with a "spirit house" for buddhist worship in the backgroup! They are everywhere there aren't they? Ornate and the spirits are fed with drinks and fruit. I used to pray out loud when I walked past them! So glad you got to eat at SO-JO's. It's awesome. Do you try his biscuits? Love it! That will be a nice reprieve and a little taste of home when you need it most! Call me while Court is gone if you get culturally stressed! I love you!

Anonymous said...

HEY WEED. I BET IT'S NOT AS GOOD AS PAL'S TEA AND CHEDDAR ROUNDS. LOVE YOU, DAD......

Missy and Brad said...

Hey Nelvis! I finally got caught up on all your adventures! I don't know about cross-dressing men in the bathroom...but how about those squatty potties?!?! Glad all is well. Keep those photos coming. Love ya!
Mav

Marie said...

mmmmm, I loooove the pineapple there! I ate so much of it I had an ulcer in my mouth! hahaha :)

 
Site Meter