Monday, March 12, 2007

I've got a computer!!!!

Today is another day to eat som tum!!! Check me out enjoying a pinch-full of papaya and a ball of sticky rice!




I’m still working on my record of eating it every day since I’ve been here. Don’t worry, Momma Sandy, my colon is doing great so far! No blockage! It may just be a matter of time though! Yesterday, I had my first day in the office at work and today was my first full day of work. It was great! It’s nice to be doing something familiar, something that I know how to do. So far here in Chiang Mai, I’ve felt like a baby not knowing how to do much of anything on my own. In fact, with that and other elements as my inspiration, I’m starting language classes this week! I just can’t go any longer not knowing how to communicate here. Yes, I do realize that I’ve not even been here a week, but I’m madly independent and would like to stay that way as much as possible—even in a different country!

Yesterday was quite an adventure---I bought a new computer for work! It’s totally maxed out and awesome! It took all but 3 hours of the day to get it though. Court and I walked up and down the streets going to different shops to compare prices, then, once I found the one I wanted to go with, it wasn’t a done deal yet. The salesman and I were having issues communicating a rather important piece of the package—the RAM! Long story short, I didn’t get what I wanted and then they kept the computer for an extra 4 hours to install something on it. It was only supposed to take a few extra minutes…”Almost done, almost done, please sit down.” The last time I walked back in to get it, there were 3 sales peeps gathered around my new computer. This was a little unsettling! But, things seemed to be OK. This was definitely a major cultural development experience! I left the store with a huge headache and a new computer! In fact, it is making this blog post possible today! It was well worth the effort!

5 comments:

Karla said...

Hey Girl,
I've been keeping up with what you two are doing. Every time you talk about the sticky rice, it makes me want to go to Thai Diner (of course, that's not exactly the real thing, but as close as I'll get anytime soon).

Ya'lls place looks really great! It's nice getting to see what's going on there through this window of communication. I had never done much with blogs before this, so this is a cool experience for me. Keep the photos coming, they're great.

I'm glad you got your computer. I know it must have made you a little nervous when they kept holding on to it. It would have me.

Take care and tell Court Hi!

Anonymous said...

Oh Mercy! I can't belive I'm on this "blog" thing! Weed, your place looks awesome and everything is so much like you! I swear I've got to get some true som tom because what I had here looks nothing like it. Everything looks so sunshiney and beautiful there. I'm going to have to start saving my pennies so I can come over and visit and wash my clothes in your midge washer and have a diet coke from the midge fridge! Keep it real with your bone attire! Love you sister!

Julius

Anonymous said...

HEY I BET THOSE PEEPS SPILLED STICKY RICE IN THE COMPUTER AND WERE TRYING TO CLEAN IT OUT BEFORE YOU SAW IT. IF IT STARTS ACTING FUNNY THEN YOU WILL KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. DADDDDDDD

Anonymous said...

Moe I miss you.
I could go on about how great everything looks and probably tastes and how jealous I am of you...but thats not what I want you to get from this post :) We'll save that for another time.
Bottom line is, I miss you like the desert misses the rain and I'm not so sure how long this can last like this. I need your hugs. And your Indian curry...
I'm proud of you and Court for getting this far and making it! Ya'll are awesome and I love you both! Keep eating enough som tom for the both of aight Mfizzle? Love you Moe! You are missed.

Mattigan said...

So check it out dawg...

I could have spared you some time...in the boards classified ads their is a suped up Power Mac G4 with all the trimmins cept of course no moniter...good thing though it does come with a sweet scan if you act now!

Fo Real though what kind of box did you get...Let me guess A Chaingway...or a Thailed Packard? Hey if that thing starts doing stuff on its own it is time to peace out!

Sounds like some undercover spy activity is going on...

Keep it OG!

http://www.apple.com/jp/getamac/ads/

 
Site Meter