Monday, March 19, 2007

Flyin' Solo

So, Court is gone for a few weeks and that has left me with the opportunity get around town all by myself! Yesterday was my first day to get out on the town solo. The only Thai phrases that I know can get me a song tau to take me from my end of town to church or to work and back home for 20 baht. I also went to my fave place for som tum and sticky rice and I ordered that in Thai also! I've been on a roll! So, things are still going great! I have my first language class on Wednesday and I can't wait to start! This is a busy week for work, but that's a good feeling! I'm hoping to go kayaking this week with a new friend and I might be volunteering at an orphanage on Friday. Thanks for all your sweet emails and words of encouragement! The pollution seems to be improving some, but it's definitely getting hotter! The high today was almost 100!! Woohoo! Bring it on!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY WEED. HOW ABOUT TRADING SOME OF THAT HEAT WITH US. WE HAD TEMPS IN THE 20'S LAST NIGHT. SEND SOME OF THAT 90'S AND WARM IT UP HER SO I CAN GO FISHING. LOVE YOU, DAD...

Anonymous said...

Hey Wendy ... We are enjoying your blog comments so much. Sounds like you are doing great! We look forward to hearing you speak some of that Thai language with your Tennessee accent :) Go girl!!!
Thinking of you and praying for you tonight .. Love ... MomMom & PopPop

Anonymous said...

Hey Weedie Woo. I left you a couple messages - did you get em? I can't believe I can call you that easily. I saw Sulu this weekend and didn't even recognize her. She's all grown up :)
LO! If you're reading this, sorry I left Kingsport without saying Bye! I was busy taking pictures, collecting tissue paper, and trying to get back to the Ham before late. Good to see you again.
Bye Thai Bone!

Missy and Brad said...

If anyone can stay chill in 100 degree weather, you can, Nelv!
oxox
Mav

melody said...

i love reading your posts. Man oh Man....Kayaking, working at an orphanage and eating good thai food- thats where i want to be.

Mattigan said...

Oh yeah! Wendy talk Thai...Wendy talk Thai very good!

Anonymous said...

Wendy, I love reading and catching up on you and Courtney. However,
I have NOT been able to get a comment to go thru to you. Someone from the Help Desk is supposed to be checking on another obstacle for me, so I'll ask for help in commenting to you also.This probably won't go thru either, but I tried.
Love you, Ernestine

Anonymous said...

I can hardly believe it!!! My message went thru. Tell Courtney, or write Courtney, I tried to send one to her, but it didn't work.
Where in the world did the name, Weed, come from? Maybe you "grew like a weed?"!!!!
My husband and I MIGHT, if God makes a way, go to Latvia in July to work with orphaned youth in a summer camp. Pray!! Ernestine

 
Site Meter