Wednesday, March 21, 2007

My First Language Class!

So...today I had my first Thai language class! It was great! My teacher, Gang, is super sweet and really funny! And she thinks I'm funny, so we sit and laugh at each other throughout the lesson. My lesson is 2 hours long. We went over how to pronounce all of the sounds of the vowels and the consonants. There's a lot of them! We hit 'em all today because she said I was doing very well with it. Who knew that my twang could ever be transformed into anything that a Thai person could understand? It's a miracle! Anyways...I also learned the 5 tones which seemed to make sense to me too. The Lord is definitely looking down on me! My teacher admitted that she thought I would be a difficult student but I was a good one. She said it will make her job easier. I was glad to hear that. So...this was a great day! I've got another lesson on Saturday afternoon. She gave me homework, so I'll practice counting to go over with her then.

I also went to a potluck dinner for some young peeps at my friends' house. It was nice to meet new 20-somethings that moved here from the states as well. We're all getting together to play capture the flag on Friday night. Should be fun! Well, I'm gonna hit the hay. I'm grateful for another awesome day here!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY WED. HOW DO YOU SAY YOU ALL IN THAI? THAT WOULD COME IN HANDY. LOVE YOU, DAD...

Anonymous said...

HEY WEED. HOW DO YOU SAY YOU ALL IN THAI? THAT WOULD COME IN HANDY. LOVE YOU, DAD...

Anonymous said...

Wait, you mean to tell me rednecks are good at Thai?? Cool!!!! There's some hope for me yet! You just amaze me kid!

Tonya

Anonymous said...

Fun times Wendy...always a natural! That's great that language learning is so smooth for you! Have another WONDERFUL day tomorrow :) Miss ya...Karen K.

Anonymous said...

Are those mosquito zappers for sale?
That's a good side-line for you and Courtney. Ship bundles of those things to the U.S.!!!!
Love and miss you. Ernestine

 
Site Meter