Thursday, March 8, 2007

Another day without easy internet access...

Since when did I become so hooked on the internet!??! Yikes! Well, we were told yesterday that we'd have internet in the next 2 to 3 days...but we're told not to expect it before a week. So...until then, we're mooching free internet time from peeps here as well as paying 20 baht (less than a dollar) an hour for time online at an internet cafe about a 15 minute walk from our apartment. Speaking of our apartment...We'll post photos soon! I got completely unpacked today--believe it or not! I typically would slowly unpack over time, but I'm turning over a new leaf here! I know some of you are glad to hear that!! :) Anyways...I'm stuffing myself on Som Tum (papaya salad) and sticky rice like I'm not gonna get to eat it everyday! It's just that in Richmond it was so expensive and a special treat...now, it's about 25 baht (less than a US dollar!) and I'm eating it every day! Needless to say, when it comes to the food here--I'm in heaven!!! Today, we're going to meet with the peeps we'll be working with and dicussing work details. I'm anxious to hear about all of this --I feel like there are many unkowns at this point...just as there are with any new job! I already miss my old job and all my peeps there! There will be no replacement! K...check back soon for photos of our new crib!!! Lovin' y'all!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness we finally heard from you! YEAH. I have been dying to hear a little something. Thanks for writing. It means alot. I know it is hard without that internet! I know you are loving that Som Tam...go for it! Eat some Phat Thai for me! Give my WD a hug! I love you!

Momma TLC said...

Hey girl! Glad to see ya'll made it! Wanted to let you know that you both are in our prayers. Now, I'm gonna have to visit cuz my tummy is craving Thai and my arms are missing hugs! I am so proud of you! Love ya sweetie!

Mattigan said...

Hey beavis eat some Fat Thai Peoples for me too!

and if you buy something with a Thai monies would you say that you bought x amount of y with x baht...and would you say that that gets confusing?

and if Wu-Tang came to Chaigchachangchebop would they have to switch it up and sing B.R.E.A.M get tha money baht baht bill yall!

Seriously though...you are whining about less than a dollar an hour internet...might as well be free internet than the far cry from america coffee houses and airports!

Madigasgar

 
Site Meter