Friday, July 20, 2007

Moo meets Dr. Nook

As you can see, Moo was ready for her first trip to the vet. And I was ready too--I wrapped her in a blanket in case she got a little too excited in the car! She did pretty good in the car. She got a little overwhelmed, I think, and could hardly sit still. But hey, she's a curious 'lil canine that loves to see everything! Her face was plastered to the window!!!

We arrived at Dr. Nook's office. It's not only a vet office, but also a doggie hotel with pool!!! I don't think Moo will be checking in there anytime soon, but it's there if she ever needs to decompress (eating, sleeping, going to the bathroom, and being cute is probably exhausting!).

When we walked in with Moo, everyone behind the desk ooo'd and ahhhhhh'd over her because she's so tiny! Then, when we told them her name, they all giggled and started moo'ing. "Moooooooo, mooooooooo, mooooo!" It was funny. Dr. Nook's assistant gently took Moo and put her on the scales. She weighs in at a whopping 1.0 kilograms! Dr. Nook took her temp, cleaned her big ears, gave her a shot and a tick and flea treatment. Moo was a star patient!

Dr. Nook gave us some specific instructions for caring for a Chihuahua since they are so small and fragile. Court took plenty of notes. We love Dr. Nook and we'll go back to see her in a few weeks for another shot!




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go Moo!! I hope you got a treat for being such a good girl at the vet's.

Aunt Terri

Missy and Brad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Missy and Brad said...

MOO!! You are a real rock star! I love how you mug for the camera. You're my girl!
Mav
PS I ignore my efforts at a previous post. I left out a word so I trashed it and corrected it here.

Anonymous said...

WELL WEED, IT SOUNDS LIKE MOO IS DOING BETTER THAN ALIWISHUS. I HOPE HE DOESN'T END UP LIKE BEEF JERKY. HAHAHA!!! LOVE YOU, DAD..

 
Site Meter