Saturday, May 24, 2008

Buh-bye, Sulu!


After 12 of some of the funnest days I've had in a long time, my 'lil baby cuz went back home! We had a blast! I think that's the longest time we've gotten to spend together since back in the day when we would go out to New Mexico to help out at Elim Haven Mission.

It's been so awesome to watch Sulu enjoy some of the things here in Thailand that I love. One of the bigger surprises was her takin' a likin' to khao soy! She admits that her food preferences are not very broad, but she really went out on a limb to try food here. I appreciate all the effort she put into trying almost anything!


Sulu, thanks so much for spending part of your summer break from PA school to travel a million hours away to hang out with your crazy cuz! I love you and am so glad to have you as my 'lil baby cuz and especially as my friend!

1 comment:

JasonC said...

As a person with a limited palette, I can say that khao soi is wonderful and one of the great tragedies in life is that this dish seldom finds its way onto the menus in the States... or even Bangkok for that matter.

Glad y'all had a good time. I agree that it was so fun and special to have people to visit so you can share some of the magic of Chiang Mai and Thailand with others.

PS- Hope you were able to keep the boys at bay.

 
Site Meter