Thursday, August 9, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!!


Yes, you read that right! This Sunday, everyone in Thailand will celebrate Mother's Day! This day features celebrations for the main Mama of this country....the Queen! Sunday, Aug. 12 is Queen Sirikit's birthday! The city is busy hanging paintings of her, plastering her photo all over billboards and hanging flowers and streamers everywhere! It's been cool to see everyone getting ready! You may wonder what I'll be doing to celebrate the Queen's birthday...well, I'll be running the Mother's Day 10.5k race in her honor!

1 comment:

brooke said...

Way to go, Bone!! There was a big race here in Bangkok, too. I rocked my yellow dress today in honor of the royal family! Woohoo! I'll see you TOMORROW. Shoot, I forgot to call you. I will try to go to the payphone tonight. We have dinner at 7.

 
Site Meter