Sunday, May 6, 2007

When it rains it pours!

The rainy season has officially begun! I love it...so far! It has rained every day since last week it's been awesome! Before that, I hadn't seen rain since I moved here. So, this has been a nice change! I now have to roll up my britches to keep from dragging them through 4-inch deep puddles...but that's ok.

In celebration of Cinco de Mayo (which means nothing here in Thailand) we found a great Mexican place here in town and had an amazing Mexican meal...nachos and quesadillas and tastey salsa!!!




Then, we caught a songtau and headed to the mall. When you catch a songtau, sometimes you just never know exactly how long it will really take you to reach your destination. You pick up peeps along the way and if their stop is before yours, well, they get dropped off first. Sometimes it's a LONG ride. Today was one of those rides. Good thing we had our handy dandy camera with us to entertain us while taking the scenic route to get to Airport Plaza.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY WEED. I HAD A PAL'S TEA AND FRIES TODAY FOR YOU. THEY WERE REALLY GOOD. KEEP YOUR PANT LEGS ROLLED UP. LOVE YOU, DAD...

Anonymous said...

Wow, check out those nachos! Tell Court, she is busted! I see that Coke Lite! she'll know what I'm talking about! :) Those nachos don't look half bad! So glad you can get Mexican look a likes!
I remember well, the mango rains, how refreshing after a long dry season! I am jealous! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Wendy ... I love reading your comments on your blog page ... yes, and your pictures, too. GREAT!! We look forward to our visit to Thailand later in the year. Have a great day ... Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Weedo!

Good to see there's still some "Mexican" food over there in Asia! The nachos's are questionable but your picture on the Songtau is "da bomb"! You wear Thailand well! Love ya'll!

 
Site Meter