Sunday, May 13, 2007

Rain, rain, go away...

I was really enjoying the rainy season. However, I made that assessment after only the first week of rain. It's now been rainy for 2 weeks and I'm not so sure I like it as much as I did. It's been raining all night every night and then for most hours of the day too. When there's a break in the rain, everyone rushes out to get where they're going before the next downpour! Here's the sky before it rains.




Then, what happens next is this...



These are both shots of streets that we walk every day! The same shops are still open, the same dogs are still lying in the street, and the same trash cans are still out. Oh yeah...what smells worse than trash? Give up? WET trash! What's worse than wet trash? Wet trash on a 95 degree day! So, just because it's raining doesn't mean that you don't get out and carry on your normal life...you just do it a little wetter than usual. Some days I wonder why I even bother blow drying my hair!!!


What's the weather like where you are? Drop me a comment and lemme know!



4 comments:

Courtney said...

Oddly enough...our weather sounds quite similar! Thanks for asking.

JasonC said...

Starting to get warm (80s), but almost no rain in the past 3-4 weeks.
That is the road that comes out on Huay Kaew at the TMBank.

Anonymous said...

WELL LETS SEE. WE HAVE A VERY NICE AND DRY 54 DEGREES THIS MORNING. WITH A COOL BREEZE. HIGHS THIS WEEK IN THE 70'S. SO HOME IS NOT SO BAD AFTER ALL. LOVE YOU, DAD...

Wendy said...

Way to go, Jason! You hit the nail on the head! We were on our way to catch a Songtau across from Kad Suan Kaew, coming out from our neighborhood/your old hood at the TMBank at Huay Kaew! That made me laugh! Way to go!

 
Site Meter