Monday, April 12, 2010

Dear Richmond...















Dear Richmond,

When I first met you seven years ago, I didn't like you much. In fact, I told you that I'd only be here long enough to finish a lease I had signed before I had ever been here. But not all blind commitments are bad. I stuck it out and now I'm sad to be leaving you, again. Chiang Mai is pretty awesome though, so I'm looking forward to enjoying its charming personality of a big city disguised as a small town. Flip-flops are always acceptable, dogs are always welcome, everyone smiles and nods as their way of saying "Hello", and chill coffee shops abound. However, Chiang Mai doesn't have Monument Avenue in the Spring and Fall, Gene & Sabrina to deliver the latest news,  and certainly no Carytown. But I do think if y'all could meet, you'd be friends. Richmond, you're a rockstar! I'll miss you! Goodbye.   --Wendy

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

I only got to visit Richmond once but it had me at "hello!" Seems like such a cool city. Who knows...your path may wind back there.
Mav

 
Site Meter