Sunday, January 27, 2008

Party on Wayne, Party on Garth

Birthday festivities continued on Saturday. Pam invited Court and I over to her house for a delish lunch of grilled chicken, som tam (papaya salad), and sticky rice. This is a typical Thai meal when at a waterfall or picnic. And this just happens to be one of my all time fave meals! So, me, Pam, Court, and Stephanie chowed down before going to Bua Tong waterfall.

It's located about 30 minutes outside of town. On the way there, we passed a truck this was loaded down with a pile of pigs. No, I'm serious. It was a pile of pigs!

So, after about an hour, we made it to the falls. It was absolutely gorgeous! We had great weather! Since Pam had been there before, she was our tour guide. She did great! Here's what makes Bua Tong so special...the waterfalls are really steep. And when Pam said "Ok, just climb up!" I couldn't figure out in my brain how this was gonna work? How in the world was I gonna walk up this without slipping and bustin' my booty!? Well, after I stepped on the rocks, I understood. It was grippy and scratchy just like a those scrubby-pumice stone things that I use as part of my footcare regimen. Anyways...it was NOT slick at all! It really plays tricks on your brain though! It was awesome!

After all that fun at the falls, we went back to Pam's house for cake, ice cream, and chips. It was a great day!

Click here to check out photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/wrshelton/BuaTongWaterfall

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOULD YOU QUIT HAVING SO MUCH FUN. THAT'S NOT NORMAL. JUST KIDDING. LOVE YOU, DAD..........

 
Site Meter