Thursday, January 24, 2008

28 years ago...


Today is my birthday. It's been awesome. A lot of peeps have made a real effort to make today special. My day started with the phone ringing bright and early! I got to talk to some of my peeps and then I checked email and had tons of well wishes and then I had a load of shout outs on facebook. I went in to work for a while today and got to go to Miguel's (Mexican) for lunch. Then...this evening for dinner, Court and I went to Carrefour ( our local Wal-Mart type place) and ate at the food court! Ya know, if I was in Richmond, I would've wanted to go to Thai Diner, so, since I'm here in THAILAND, I wanted to have thai food here! We ate bowls of kwiteaw as well as gyoza. It was oh so tastey! Aroy maak!! Then, we came home and I opened some gifts! Among some of the cool things I got were...a magnet of Elvis, "Home to Big Stone Gap" by Adriana Trigiani, word searches, a bottle of Cheerwine, camo party plates, napkins, etc, and a cool picture frame. Thanks everybody!!! You were so thoughtful and sweet! Thank y'all so much for making today a special day for me!

This Saturday, my friend Pam, is taking Court and I up to her fave waterfalls for the day. We're planning on having a typical "waterfall lunch" of chicken, som tam, and sticky rice! This is one of my fave thai meals!!!! Check back and I'll post photos of that merriment as well.

I got a call from Momma and Daddy and heard the annual story "well, on this day many years ago, I had 3 hours of tightening contractions, my water broke, I didn't take any pain meds, and you fell right out." Now, didn't you just tilt your head to the side, bat your eyelashes, and sigh!? Even though this year, I was celebrating in a different country, far away from all my peeps, eating different food, etc., y'all still made me feel loved. I'm glad that's something that didn't change!

Check out photos from my birfday! http://picasaweb.google.com/wrshelton/MyBirfday2008

3 comments:

Missy and Brad said...

HAPPY BIRFDAY!! What a spread! I'm glad you got all your goodies in time for your big day! I'll call ye tomorrow! Love ye!!
Mav

JasonC said...

Suk-san wan-gerd!
Which waterfall? You need to go to Nam Tok Jed Si if you haven't already (7 Colors Waterfall). See you in a few weeks.

Anonymous said...

YEP WENDY I REMEMBER THOSE OLD CONTRACTIONS ALRIGHT. HEY WAIT A MINUTE THAT WAS YOUR MOM. I AM GLAD IT WASN'T ME. GLAD YOU HAD A GREAT BIRTHDAY. LOVE YOU, DAD......

 
Site Meter