Thursday, October 11, 2007

Where U at?!




For the past week and a half, everyone from our office but 2 ladies moved into Suan Bua Resort for a conference that our company hosted for a large group of peeps that came from all over the world! Our company is hired to completely pull off an awesome conference for our clients. We provide many services such as having a full staff on site to help with anything the client needs, booking the hotel, assisting with travel arrangements, AND setting up a full coffee bar--beans ground fresh for every cup! Since I'm usually doing web design and a variety of web projects I was glad to fill in for my friend at the coffee bar when she needed someone to step in while she went back home to the States. This was a great gig to fill in at! The resort was up in the mountains about 45 minutes from my house. It was gorgeous! I love being up in the mountains! The resort even provided doggie daycare for Moo at the spa! I'm NOT joking! The ladies at the spa took care of her every day. They really were sad when she had to leave. Anyways...the participants of the group were really cool and super friendly. I opened the coffee bar each day from 7am and stayed open til around 10 and 11pm. I took breaks throughout the day and when I wasn't busy, I kept working on my web work. We had an on and off internet connection that was mostly off. One of the coolest parts about being at this event was spending so much time with our Thai staff. We're mostly all under 30 years old except a couple of ladies. At the end of the week, we all went and played basketball together and had a great time! It's great to be a part of such a fun team! Now, it's back to the city and back in the office.

After reading Court's blog I realized that we're missing Fall!!! That's definitely my fave season. Unfortunately, there's no sign of Fall here! Not even a cool breeze or anything! They DO have pumpkins at the market (they always do) maybe I'll get one to carve. I'll let ya know how that goes!

2 comments:

JasonC said...

Don't worry, you haven't missed much... yesterday was the first cool day down in the South (low into the 50s). And a lot of the South is in a drought, like GA, so while that is good for playing Ultimate, it is very bad for plants & businesses. The leaves are dying more than the are changing.

Anonymous said...

Hey Hey sweet girl! Thanks for the update! I knew that experience at Barnes and Nobles wouldn't be wasted! :) Coffee Queen! Thinking alot about you today! Have you heard that song yet? Let me know what you think!Love you

 
Site Meter