Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I think I live in a zoo

Ya know...yesterday, I walked out of my front door and I almost stepped on a frog while feeding the fish while I chased a dog out of the carport while I swatted a bee, saw another monster snail, had a gecko drop off the ceiling and land right next to me. I had to stop and laugh at this little zoo that I live in. Then about that time, 2 cats with no tail came by and chased away a bird that was sitting on our gate. Just a normal day around here, I reckon.

Work is keeping me super busy and as Court mentioned on her blog, we're getting ready for our first guest from the states! She'll arrive in about 5 days! WooHoo! We're excited to see a familiar face!

Work is keeping me crazy busy! I'm glad I really enjoy doing web design day in and day out! Good times!

Our neighbor, Khun Nit, left town for a month to take care of her parents. Not sure how old they are, b/c Khun Nit is 65!! So...anyways...now that she's gone we've realized how much we miss her. In fact, as I'm writing this, I'm compiling a list of things that I personally miss about Nit.

  1. I miss the way she screams at her dog in Thai. She can hit these low notes and squeal all the way up the scale! KhanoooooOOOOOOOOn!!!!!!!!!!
  2. I miss the way she always asks us where we're going or where we've been. She always has to know!
  3. I miss her always asking if we've eaten yet.
  4. I miss her coming over to our rose bush and clipping the dead roses off before we can even get to them.
  5. I miss her enthusiasm when we say all the Thai words that we know! She's a great cheerleader. She's pretty hard on us when we don't know what she's saying.

Our neighborhood has not been the same! We like Nit. We really do. In fact, when you get a nickname, you're pretty much in. Last week, I started calling Nit, P. Nitty! I kinda like it and I think it's gonna stick. I'm not planning on sharing this news with her...I'll just entertain myself by referring to her as P. Nitty.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WENDY REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED TO THE LIZZARD I GAVE YOU WHEN YOU WERE LITTLE. THOSE LIZZARDS OVER HAD BETTER WATCH OUT. HAHAHAHA!! LOVE YOU, DAD.. HEY WAS HIS NAME ALLIWISHUS?

Wendy said...

Yes!!!! That's a sad memory...pour little lizard got baked in the sun on the back porch! Boo hoo! I can't believe you remember his name!!!! Of course it was Alowishus! That was also one of Pee Wee's dogs' name on Pee Wee's playhouse! Haaaaaaa!!

Chuck said...

Could you send me a gecko or two?? I could use their help with the creepy crawlie situation in my apartment!

Anonymous said...

Now Minnie Pearl, what would you do if you didn't have a mini zoo right there at your dwelling. It would be mighty dull, don't you think? Especially if you'll didn't have those GIANT smails as Courtney pictured. Hey, that's really something. Glad you're having some activity so you don't get bored :- MS Gramdma. We pray for you daily. Keep up the good work.

Missy and Brad said...

P Nitty sounds like da bomb! Sorry she's gone for a while. Maybe you'll find Alowishus' long lost brother in Thailand! I loved to watch those nasty little lizards when we were kids...oh yeah, until we let them die out in the sun.
Mav

Anonymous said...

I need P. Nitty to help me out with my middle school students...sounds like she could whip them into shape...How's her English? Miss seeing you guys...Duane, Sandy and Evan were up for the 4th of July holiday (actually the days before that) and we had a splendid time...laughed ourselves silly! Hoping for a chance to get to Chiang Mai one of these days. Love ya'll...Christy

 
Site Meter